Mardi Gras Celebration Planning Meeting
Last updated 1/10/2018 at 12:55pm
Friday, Jan. 26, 4:00 p.m. at the Borrego Springs library, community leaders will again meet to plan Borrego’s first ALL COMMUNITY Mardi Gras Celebration.
Individual performers of every kind are welcome to come add their talents; music, dance, juggling, fortune tellers, tarot card readers, crafters, artists, carnival barkers and much more! FREE VENDING. (Carnival is Saturday Feb. 10 from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.) Come one, come all! Organize your Carnival Krew today!
Citing the recent successful Halloween party, mall owner Jim Wermers said he is excited to be supporting the library events that bring all Borregans out of their homes to gather at the Mall and enjoy community celebrations that can be enjoyed by all ages. Many Mall merchants are participating, offering special food menus, art shows, photo booths, theatrical entertainment, music and dancing plus movies of famous Carnival Celebrations, especially those taking place each year in Mexico.
You can pick up information at the library at any time. We hope you, your family and even your pets will come join the parade and the festivities.
Youth groups and non-profits are encouraged to be vendors and booth operators: Here are some suggestions…
· Create carnival games of skill for kids and teens
· Soda Toss., Lollipop tree toss, can knock down, pick a duck, nerf shooting game, ball-in-bucket toss. Target golf, basket toss, nickel toss. Bean bag toss, catapult game, football toss, dunk tank,
· Be strolling performers
· Be a storyteller… acting out a story for little kids
· Juggle… or be a puppeteer/story teller
· Run a jewelry making booth… see the library for supplies
· Face painting and hair decoration for the photo booth
· Sell small bottles of bubble mix
· Have a lemonade stand (with sugar and no-calorie options)
· Hot dog stand
· Make a creative and difficult golf hole…
· Water gun and ping pong balls shooting gallery
· Perform a 2 minute dance routine to your own boom box music
· Sell juice boxes or frozen water bottles
For more information on prizes, vendor tables, ideas or more, please stop by the library or give us a call.
Contact: Tonya Gadbois