Borrego Sun - Since 1949

Road Runner Club House Fire


Last updated 7/21/2016 at 9:33am

Fire crews have tackled a house fire at the Road Runner Club. The fire has now been contained.

Initial reports name the homeowner as Brenda. Fortunately she and her dogs were not in the property but staying in a friends guest house while her house was being refurbished.

According to witnesses, painters were refurbishing the bathroom - forgot to turn off the the gas, which caused an explosion.

The painter who is also painting the Center Market in the middle of Borrego, has suffered burns to his face and neck and singed hair. Although airlifted from the scene to a burn center, unofficial reports say that he will be OK. His girlfriend was also near the scene and appears to be unharmed.

The home has been completely destroyed and fire crews are currently searching through the rumble in order to make sure nothing else can catch fire.

Ash is currently drifting across the road making driving conditions hazardous.

Updates will be provided.

You might be interested in:

Rendered 11/13/2019 06:12